Total Pageviews

Monday, January 31, 2011

PEOPLE ARE AMAZING

One thing I have learned is that biting my tongue and keeping my opinions to myself when people are unethical, and disgusting is not the answer.  If no one says anything they are allowed to continue.  A good friend of mine taught me that.  Thank you Sis.  When Mankind first made the remark about me and referred to me in the way that he did in one of my previous posts, we were talking about it.  About how soooo many people will discuss him behind his back always in whispers, yet no one is ever strong enough to say anything.  I decided that I was not going to be one that hid or had to continually bite my tongue when something was seriously wrong.  Many will dislike me for this...but there is a belief that if what you say and do can not be put on the front page of the New York Times, you should not be saying or doing it...especially in the written word.  I have a pet peeve and it is people that use people and they do so through deception.  So I will voice my opinions as I believe that SL is filled with so many people that do things solely with their heart, yet they become used to further one or two people's personal agendas.

The other day, I was speaking to someone, regarding the group meeting in that I had written about before.  I knew there was always an agenda behind anything this person did but I had not figured out what it was.  Then it hit me.  I maybe completely wrong in this way of thinking, but here is my thought process.  When I first started BS's, we opened in a big way that drew attention.  Mankind Tracer approached me to get me to see how the Cover Charge System would be so good for everyone around.  I will be honest and say that I fell for it.  By the time the actual meeting took place on my venue for venue owners to get them to buy into the Cover Charge System, I realized that I would never do that with my venue.  At the time performers that were regular with me, questioned a great deal and I truly had to take a public stance stating that BS's would not be a Cover Charge System but that I would always seek out ways to help the performers and the venues always keeping music free in SL.

During the original meeting at my venue almost a yer and a half ago, i and a couple of other venue owners distinctly remember Mankind saying that he would offer his cover charge system free to them but that later he would sell them.  Now here we are again, at the last group meeting and he is once again pushing the Cover Charge System and angry with me because I repeated the same opinion.  I could not figure out an agenda...then the other day in that conversation with another group owner it hit me.  The push for the Cover Charge System again.  Is it about lining one or two people's pockets with lindens as they attempt to sell the CCS?  hmmmmmm makes one wonder.

Tomorrow I will tell how at least one person has a way to keep their groups in such high numbers.....talk about innovative ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment