Total Pageviews

Friday, January 21, 2011

Wow thinking back

I remember the first SL live music event like it was yesterday.  A friend took me to see Damian Carbenell.  I thought seeing Damian was the best thing in the world.  I noticed that the audience was friendly and welcoming as well.  To me this was like a breath of fresh air after visiting so many clubs and finding that many are rather cliquish.  At the time, I was also wondering where in SL I actually fit in.  I knew it wasn't the role playing, I am too clutzy to be a builder...after seeing Damian and talking with a couple of people about the possibilities, the idea of BS's was born.  SL became fun as the finding the land, laying out a venue, lining up opening day entertainment, hiring staff all went into effect.  Never one to do things on a small scale, I knew opening day had yo be huge.  With the preopening party scheduled for July 3rd, 2009 and the Grand Opening for July 4th we had two full days of some of the very best performers in SL.  Opening day though long and tiring was worth every second of it.  Many of those same performers still play weekly at BS's and have long since become close friends both in and out of SL as well as mentors to me in many aspects.  They are still the people I ask when I have an idea and need an objective opinion.

Since that day, many have come and gone through BS's, but I would be remiss if I did not take a moment to thank the following performers and their management teams for their support and friendship, as well as allowing BS's to always bring their talents to the venue since the day we opened our doors--Russell Eponym, Max Kleene, Taunter Goodnight, Damian Carbenell.

No comments:

Post a Comment