Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

ANOTHER GROUP BUT WOW

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!

Over the weekend, something occurred that has totally renewed my faith in groups in the Second Life music scene.  I was invited to join a group and my first reaction was "another group".  Thank you Patrick for clarifying exactly what this group was and stood for...truly uniting and promoting the second life music community.  After discussusing this, expressing my concerns on the way people were treated in other groups, you reassured me that would not be tolerated.  It was an honor to join this group.  Once I became a member and truly saw the list of members it became wonderfully clear that these are not the people that blindly follow, they are people that from everything I know of them are an extremely ethical group, and truly working to the betterment of live music in second life...many of which I know well and am honored to call friends.

After all the ranting and raving I have done regarding groups that use a guise to promote one person's agenda, along comes a group like this and is a reminder of all that is truly beautiful in the Second Life music community.  I promise to promote this group in any way that I can as it stands for the good in our musical community.

Originally, I was going to talk about thoughts I had on things that could truly help the community as a whole, and still will this week.  For now though I wish each of you a wonderful Valentine Day.  If you are lucky enough to be invited to this group, run don't walk to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment