Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 18, 2011

PROCRASTINATION

I am the self proclaimed Queen of Procrastination--as easily seen by the rate I update this blog.

I can blame it on rl, or the season, or the latest hunt I am doing, but the bottom line is that it is pure procrastination. Something I think so many of us do all the time. Not to take anything away from the procrastinators, some of my best work is done due to procrastination, after all, I am not getting a second chance to fix it...well gee I can table it until next year...a common reason to not fix it the first time around. No if I am going to do it, it should be done right the first time. If I see something wrong it is my responsibility to say something, many of you know me and respect me for this character flaw. And I love you for it. So I have no excuse for waiting so late to update this, just that I am the Queen of Procrastination.

I do need to bring you up to date between the timer going off on holiday baking today.

Hmmmm new stuff first....I have been at the most fun venue, Under the Willows. I have not had as much fun at such a unique venue. Though I must also admit, that my wonderful friend Max Kleene was performing and his group and team are some of the most fun in sl. Always clean, never obnoxious, giggles though there may be innuendos. No one ever feels left out at a Max show....this is a group that makes everyone feel so very welcome and knows how to have fun, always lots of laughter. No matter what kind of day you are having, attending a Max show will always leave you with a smile on your face. Add to that dancing on a giant bed at Under the Willows and you have a dynamite show. Hmmmm wondering if they make jumping on the bed animations, I will have to look and send some to the mastermind Precious Rallier, owner of Under the Willows. This is one venue that everyone should see, it is awesome. I know I will be attending again.

Speaking of Max Kleene, I have to give him credit for this find. After chatting one evening, Max asked me to come listen to someone. In all honesty, though I should not be biased, bluegrass has never been my cup of tea...as much as I love country, it is such a different type. Max did tell me I would be impressed so I took a chance. WOW...he was right. It was Cosmic Haystack streaming in with his rl band from his studio in Kentucky. These guys were great. Not only was the music great but the band itself is also very entertaining. Thanks Max for pointing me in that direction.

There were a couple of things that happened in the Second Life music community lately. The Avi Choice Awards held at the SL Christmas expo on the 10th of December. I was so proud as I was listening to them, the music community made a strong showing in appearing at the awards. If you had a chance to look at the list of nominees, it was outstanding, though one little thing caught my attention. Under SL music groups, up against groups such as the Follow was an actual Second Life group that so many of use to send out notices of events. I giggled every time I thought of that group winning....all 470+ members. Though the nominees in each category was amazing, a special congratulations goes out to the winners:

Favorite Formal Venue: Nanceeee & Gymmy Sinatra – Frank’s Elite Jazz Club

Favorite Live Music Venue: Reborn Wingtips & Mara Menges – RMS Titanic

Favorite Country Singer: Savannah Coronet

Favorite Pop Singer: Antonio Galloway

Favorite Rock Singer: Skye Galaxy

Favorite SL Musical Group: Powers Avon – The Follow

Favorite Singing Duo: Erin68Frogg & Satin Galli

Favorite Female Musician: Noma Falta

Favorite Male Musician: Russell Eponym

Congratulations to all those that were nominated and to all those that won!!!! Everyone of you is soooo awesome!!!

Though there are still 5 days of campaigning left, congratulations goes out to Rocky Hillburten and his staff for making Toys4Tots so successful this year. Too many children that don't deserve it, go without through the Christmas Season, the United States Marines go out of their way to help kids during the holidays and throughout the year. Once again, the music community in Second Life has opened their hearts and their wallets to help make a difference this year. Toys4Tots this year is just under 5 million lindens, lets all dig just a little more into our pockets and hit that 5 million mark.

A new venture in Second Life. Many of you remember when I had written about Live Gig Alley. Unfortunately instead of making changes that were needed. I do believe it is closed down. Voice Doobie has since gone and created Event Connection. Though it seems to revolve around events of all kinds, I was able to take a look at it. While it holds a great deal of potential, there are still quite a few technical kinks to work out which he is working on. It appears to be a venture worth watching to see the direction it takes, it may be a very good venture for the music community, but only time will tell. His grand opening is scheduled tentatively for January 15.

Now lets get back to procrastination...giggles there are still a ton more venues to be included in the music venue directory, along with live music event groups and services. Hint hint, we have waited so long for this....lets use it to our advantage.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe healthy prosperous New Year! Thank you for allowing me to a small part of this community this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment