Total Pageviews

Friday, August 21, 2015

SL EVENTS TO BENEFIT STAND UP 2 CANCER THRU MY EYES

For 4 years now I have had the opportunity to be the captain of SL Music Races For A Cure.....Two for RFL of SL, of which I have since apologized for, and this is the second year, we have worked to raise money to benefit Stand Up 2 Cancer.

I would have thought the the first two years would have quieted the amazement and love I have for the live music community.  Yet each year we have done something, it just reminds me once again what a wonderful community we have.  This year we have 41---yes 41 live music venues participating all within a 2 week period.  And 142 performers.  This is of right this very moment.  Those lists are still growing.

I have the opportunity to watch performers and venues put aside their differences and come together as an entire community to work together to make a difference in this world.  When it comes to Stand Up 2 Cancer, I don't care if you are acoustic, track, covers, originals.....Its not important that I don't care....what is important is that when it comes to making a difference it is a community that does not care, as long as they are able to help another with no personal agendas, no anything except working together to do the best that they can do.  Through my eyes it is the most beautiful sight in the world.

True there are a few (aren't there always) that won't give without a benefit to themselves.  I have had one performer point blank tell me that he does not do his fundraisers.  To me that is sad, not for this fundraiser, but rather sad that a person can only think of themselves and not want to make a difference that may help another, no matter the cause.  I have had another performer that was insistent on following one particular performer.  Unfortunately, I could not accommodate him as that one particular spot is being held for another that is tentative at this point.  Its a shame, but to each his own.

That is only two performers out of the hundreds that are there.  I look at the others and I realize what a wonderful community Second Life Live Music is, and how very lucky I am that you allow me to be a small part of it.

CHECK OUT THE EVENT CALENDER AND WATCH AS IT GROWS AND FILLS:
  EVENT TO BENEFIT STAND UP 2 CANCER

No comments:

Post a Comment