Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

SO MUCH TO SHARE

Before Christmas I had done some venue hopping and wanted to tell you about these, but we all know what holiday hustle and bustle is like. So that is my procrastination excuse for this one.

For those of you that celebrate Christmas, I hope yours was as wonderful as mine. Though I received some awesome gifts, I have actually received one of the best gifts possible about a month and a half before with the news that I am going to be a grandmother. To those of you that have grandchildren, I know you completely understand the overwhelming emotions that come over you with the realization that your baby is going to have her own baby. (and the need to brag)

Enough about me.

I also wish those of you that celebrated your own holidays the very best. I would list them all, but I am a terrible speller and would torture your holiday names. Some things are just never spelled the way they sound.

Here we go some venue hopping. My first stop was Cafe Casablanca. It has been a while since I have been here and Nyteyes made me feel as welcome as if I had never left. Kev Tyson on stage as a giant santa hat and a great sense of humor. I had a great time while there.

On to Sammy's Pub to hear Carols by Candlelight but it appeared to be cancelled though the venue looked like it would be a warm comfortable outdoor venue....I will have to watch for other events being held here.

On to Templemore....a bit early due to the cancel at Sammy's gave me a chance to look around and see what an absolutely beautiful build this is, Hmmm 10 minutes to show time and I am still by myself....I hope this is not an omen...both venues were scheduled to have performers I have never listened to before. Looking back into events to see what else is going on just to be on the safe side. Ok showtime and no one is here....on to the next.

Now this is a show....Spirited Emor singing some of my favorite Christmas songs at Clan LoewenHerz/Lion Clubs. A Beautiful venue, beautiful songs.....who could ask for more.

I can't go venue hopping without stopping at one of my all time favorite venues Kickin Club, now this is a venue that is always packed . I got there in time to catch the end of Liberty Lyrics performance she is awesome, then stayed for Premium Composer.......wow the energy he has, I was trying to eat some wings while he was coming through the speakers and i wanted to put down some delicious wings and get up and dance. Anytime I want to put down food....it is a reason for celebration.

I did get back from out of town to hear something that is to me hmmmm well you make your own judgements. There is a hunt being put together that will culminate in a concert consisting of one of my favorite groups as well as another performer in Second Life. I think this is such a unique idea. But I got to thinking as I do a couple of hunts each year..... I was kind of surprised that a hunt needed sponsors to the tune of quite a few Lindens, and then that they were also charging the merchants to participate. Though I had only looked into participating in a hunt once as a venue, I do participate as a hunter in a couple. I asked a few of the vendors that i know rather well, they are friends, participate in hunts and provide wonderful quality items that I receive both as a hunter and the fact that I am a shopoholic. They have never paid to participate in a hunt. to me this understandable, there is no guarantee that a hunt will bring in more sales as most good hunters go to find the item and hurry out to the next location.

I do know that some people think that those individuals that started organizing hunts a long time ago did themselves a disservice by not charging and making money off of the vendors. I look at it a bit differently. To those that take the time to organize a hunt and do it solely because it is something you love to do, I salute you. You are doing something for others to enjoy and not always trying to make a buck. I will always speak of you in the highest regard and if ever asked will always refer people to your hunts and the vendors that also take their time to produce a gift for Second Life residents that hunt. I will also be looking to include my own venue in some of your hunts and will go to the vendors that are there to participate. That is an idea that other venue owners may also want to look into since so many of us have stores on our sims.

No comments:

Post a Comment